Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2019

The power of one

This is my term 2 assessment on The Power of One film

In the Power of One film director  John Advilsen and the scene, we are talking about is ‘Going for a Run’ with P.K and Gideon Duma (1:29). Some of the film techniques used in the scene are pan, long shot, non-diegetic sounds, and facial expressions. These film techniques help the audience show that they mixed the black and whites people and they do not get on well with each other except P.K and Gideon Duma because they are good boxing friends and partners.


In the scene going for a run, the director uses a tracking shot on P.K and Gideon Duma and it shows the line of black people waiting for the toilet 

 On the way to the bus station, they run pass a huge line for the toilet. P.K asks Gideon duma why is there a long line and Gideon duma replies the government only supplies only one toilet for every 200 of us.

The director did this to show the audience how long the line for the toilet is. And how many people are waiting in line?

This helps us understand that P.K wants to know what the huge line is for and why only one toilet for every 200 people. This is where the tracking shot is used because they are running and the camera is moving backward. and shows the long line and shows apartied by the difference between the black and whites. 

This aspect can be compared to Maria’s house because the black people live in little shelters and maria and her family live in a big fancy mansion with 2 or more toilets. We know this because they have different toilets because they have servants and they have to use their toilets.

What am I proud of?

Something I am proud of is I wrote something down for the assessment. Also, I think I am working at the level of year 10 English.

Something I can do next time to improve could describe my examples using more details and I could make links to the wider world or experience.


One thing I enjoyed learning about film was that all country don't have one toilet for every 200 people and only 2% of people in Africa can go to school and learn and they have to live in tiny shelters made out of sheets of metal and wood and other people live in big warm fancy houses.


One thing I found challenging about learning about the film was understanding the start of the film

One thing I learned that I will use the next time I write an essay is to use paragraphs and full sentences.







2 comments:

  1. Hey Nathan, this paragraph is done well. However, I noticed that a lot of it is difficult to understand, the paragraph is separated into parts when it should be a full piece, this is the same for the questions you were meant to answer at the end. These all seem to either begin with either 'something' or 'one thing'. Maybe you could work on exploring a wider vocabulary to make it more interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like how you added some colors, but next time can you focus on the writhing.
    -Brad

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.