Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2019

Children of Blood and bone chapter 59

“How will I coming back to Lagos solve any of that?” I ask. “As we speak,
your father calls for my head!”
“My father’s scared.” Inan shakes his head. “He’s misguided, but his fear is
justified. All the monarchy’s ever seen is the destruction maji can bring.
They’ve never experienced anything like this.” He gestures to the camp, faces
alight with so much hope his smile practically glows in the darkness. “Zulaikha
created this in one moon, and there are already more diviners in Lagos than
anywhere else in Orïsha. Just imagine what we could accomplish with the
resources of the monarchy behind us.”

A message I can take from this scene is that later on in the book that there will be no diviners or majis left and Inan is a bit hopeful because of what he is doing to other people and I think that it is not a good idea because he could do something wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.