Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

Show Dont Tell

For English we were given some sentences and we had to put them in show don't tell and here are the sentences and I made them show don't tell in my own sentences

(The buildings were tall)
As I walked through the streets of New York I could not see the tops of the buildings

( Sarah was really upset)
Sarah had blood shot eyes with tears coming down her face

(She was so happy to see him)
She had a bright smiley face and running towards him

( The lake was beautiful)
The sun was shining off the clear bright blue water and it reflected on the trees

The explosion in the huge garage was hot and fiery I could feel a huge breeze coming off. Burning the hairs on my arms and legs.

It was a cold miserable day I was sitting down on a concrete step in the drizzle on the end of a walk way I just broke up with my boyfriend because we were fighting almost every single day.I turned my head around and watched him slowly walk away he never looked back at me and did not say good bye.

It was a dark miserable evening I was with my sister running towards the forest away from a big brown grizzly bear we had a lamp with us to see where we were going we were running so fast we nearly landed in a huge muddy puddle face first but we did not land in it we stopped and went around and then the bear got tired from running after us that it stopped and turned around and walked back the other way we silently walked back with out making a sound because if we did make a sound then  the bear would hear us



It was a noisy evening at the supermarket I was looking up and down the shelves for grocery's I saw a lady. She had black hair and a white jersey on she was looking suspicious I could hear something in my brain saying I think she is going to steal some meat so I looked at her she had meet in her hand and she was about to put it in her black hand bag then all of a sudden she quickly shoved it in and ran off to the exit the alarm went off and then I left my trolley in the store and ran after her and then she got so tired she stopped running and then I grabbed her bag...

I was in a old warehouse converted into a office building for architects it full of light with large opened windows but  it was late in the after noon getting dark my head was sore from designing buildings for people we had calls coming in all day wanting their plans for tomorrow but their plans weren't ready for them.


It was stormy, dusty and hot I was sweating riding my horse all day in the hot roasting sun the sky was covered in a brown dusty dirty color my horse needed water so I hopped off my horse at a old scary building and tied him up to a post and gave him a bucket of water.


Reflection

In English I have learned show don't tell in writing stories. Show don't tell means you have to show the reader what your talking about and not tell them you have to use words about the picture and describe. I  used the senses taste, smell, sight, touch and hear.

The activities I got done were the first two Show don't tell and writing your own sentence starters I liked the sentence starters because I got to make my own starters for sentences using the 5 senses

The styles that worked for me were working by my self 







2 comments:

  1. I like that you add a reflection and that it was nice and long, Next time add some pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nathan. I really like the creativity you've put into the way you write. You elaborate on certain aspects really well. I can understand why working alone may have been able to help you out as it often helps most people to concentrate on the task at hand. Maybe next time you could show some creativity and put some pictures in to brighten up the blog post, as well as working on the grammatical errors, there were a real lack of full stops and most starters were one long sentence instead of being separated into multiple.

    Jessica.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.